Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself?
I expect that I will be available to my family if they need me and to do my best to be a kind, caring person.
2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring?
Our outdoor space needs a lot of sprucing up this spring. My husband built a deck and it still needs to be stained (and cleaned first). We still have leaves that need to be picked up, trees that need trimming, fences that need repairing and lots of planting to do.
3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara. Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person?
I've seen Niagara Falls when I was a kid, but never have seen any of the others listed. I saw some waterfalls upstate NY but don't know the name of them.
4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager?
5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple?
Ham, yes please. My favorite is baked ham with all the trimmings. I like mine cooked with pineapple slices and glaze and served with applesauce, mashed potatoes, veggies and a crescent roll.
6. Are you typical of your generation? How so?
I think so. By being busy raising kids and starting to care for our parents.
7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool', 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? Explain.
I'd say "act the fool". I often act silly with my kids to make them laugh. It's a side of me that only comes out when I'm with them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I woke up this morning to the sound of tree trimming trucks and chainsaws. The power company is making sure there is clearance around their power lines, some of which happen to be in our backyard. I hope they do some of the spring sprucing up for us ;)