Visit Joyce and join the fun!
I'm not playing. I heard about it on the news briefly and have no interest to find out more. I will not be getting it anytime soon.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
The two things I remember collecting were stickers and Smurfs. We used to put the stickers in photo albums and then trade with friends. The Smurf collection was just little figurines I would keep in my room. I don't have either of those collections. My son has a nice collection of glass beverage bottles as well as legos and other action figures. My daughter has a shell collection but she isn't that interested in it. They both used to collect SillyBands. I've never done any of those things for a collectible, but I know my family members have to get me Cabbage Patch Dolls when I was a girl.
I just recently came across my first Cabbage Patch doll and I put her in the donation pile. If I think about it too much I might take her out ;)
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
A perfect moment spent at the beach with my family, watching the sunset, digging my toes in the sand, relaxing and enjoying God's awesome creation!
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
The Gazelle (an exercise machine) which is in the corner of my bedroom. I tried using it once since we moved in September but it was squeaking like crazy. I should have my husband spray it with WD40 and see if that helps. If it does I can exercise on it instead of hanging clothes on it ;)
5. A favorite song relating to time?
Music questions are my favorite :) "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper. I couldn't find a video I liked, but the music part is still good. So 80s :)
And an even older one, "Time in A Bottle" by Jim Croce.
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
We have seen deer in the woods just behind the fence in our backyard, but last week we actually saw one dart right across our street! We were driving and thought it was a dog but they realized it was a deer. We live in the suburbs, and that is not something you see every day.
UPDATE: As I was sitting on my back deck, browsing around on my laptop, I had my feet up on a chair. I felt something on my leg, looked down and it was a bird! A sparrow had landed right on my bare calf! I let out a scream and he flew off. My kids came running to see what all the commotion was about. I often think of God when I see birds and remember that "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He cares for me". Thank you Lord.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
Oh no way! I am not adventurous enough and too big of a chicken. I like my feet here on the ground on Earth. I am glad there are people who will go though.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week on the way to the beach we stopped off for some snacks. We ended up bringing them home and I was horrified when I read the back of the bag..."Partially Processed with Genetic Engineering". So goodbye to Lays chips, Fritos and Cracker Jacks. We already do a lot of our shopping at Trader Joe's but I will be avoiding the big brands even more.