1. With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
I prefer gift wrap with a bow but some things just fit better in a gift bag. I have not wrapped any Christmas gifts yet since I haven’t bought any ;) I am still in Thanksgiving mode.
2. What is one item on your list this year?
I haven’t officially made my list yet. I don’t have anything that I have been waiting to ask for in mind. Maybe after I read some other Hodgepodger’s answers that will change ;)
3. What makes a home?
Family, love and warmth make a home. No matter where you are if you have those things it will feel like home. We have a very small house but I try hard to make it a home. I want all who enter to feel comfortable and welcomed. One of the greatest compliments I can receive is that my house feels “homey” and that guests feel welcome.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
I love Motown. My Dad listens to it and I have great memories of Motown playing on the radio while in his car when I was a kid. It makes me smile. When I was teaching second grade I had my class put on a tribute to Motown for Black History Month. We had so much fun singing and dancing. If I have to pick a favorite it would have to be The Four Tops.
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Red, I like to wear read for Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
True. I don’t eat it anymore because I am not eating eggs, but I would have to say my Grandmother’s recipe for potato salad. We boil the potatoes then peel and slice them thin when they cooled. Then we add bacon, onion, vinegar, s&p, and mayo. The finishing touches were pouring some of the bacon fat into it along with a raw egg. Delicious!
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
One of my favorite holiday memories is driving out east with my husband and children to cut down our own Christmas tree. We stop off for hot chocolate on the way home and listen to Christmas music in the car. We laugh and enjoy each other's company. There is much joy as we get ready to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We were married the Saturday after Thanksgiving and this year our anniversary fell on the same day of the week. Throughout the day I was remembering what I was doing at that exact time on our wedding day. It seems like so long ago yet at the same time like it was just yesterday.