Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
I think I went on a fishing boat when I was a kid. I don't remember if I caught anything so that means I probably didn't. My husband takes the kids fishing and sometimes they will bring something home. But I run out of the kitchen and want no part of it ;)
Fish or cut bait. I had to look this one up since I don't think I've ever heard of it. But I often feel like if you aren't going to help then get out of the way, so I think this applies the most to my current situation with caring for my mother-in-law.
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
A pen in my purse. No matter where I put one it always seems to end up at the bottom of my bag. As for a desk or kitchen junk drawer, that would be scotch tape. It always seems to disappear.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Sunrise. I like to have a plan and be organized. I think that is most like sunrise. When the sun rises in the morning it is the start to a new day. A fresh start, a blank slate to begin the day.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have two fleece pullovers with 1/4 zippers that are super comfortable. I've had them for years and still wear them but only when I plan on staying home. They aren't so bad that I wouldn't answer the door in them but I wouldn't purposely wear them to go out of the house.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I've been wanting to go to the beach for a couple of nights this winter. It would be cold but I am longing for the tranquility and peacefulness of renting a hotel right on the ocean. It probably won't happen this year. The best part of my winter so far has been some down time, the worst part has been we only had significant snow once so far.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
No, I won't be celebrating. I haven't had a margarita in years but would choose a frozen one if I had to. Yes, I am a Jimmy Buffett fan. My favorite JB tune is "Come Monday".
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love when Joyce asks questions about music. I have so many Jimmy Buffett songs in my head. This morning it is "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and I am craving a cheeseburger even though it is morning :)