Visit Joyce and join the fun!
L- laying aside one's desires
O- often thinking of others and putting them first
V- volunteering to serve and help where needed
E- expecting nothing in return
2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?
Yes. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." John 15:13
3. Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something.
I recently helped a new friend who just moved to the area. I don't want to go into details but I really am trying to help her and put my heart into it.
4. What's your favorite fictional love story?
Cinderella, of course :)
5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?
Generally I wear my heart on my sleeve. Even if I try not to it is hard for me to hide how I feel.
Ice cream because it makes me happy (even the "fake" coconut milk kind). My husband says if you want to see me smile give me ice cream.
7. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
On Sunday afternoon, after church, when my husband started driving toward the ocean instead of home. It was a blustery, cold day but the sun was shining. A quick brisk walk on the boardwalk, being careful not to step on the snow or ice, is always refreshing. We watched a surfer ride a few waves and saw a snowman someone built on the boardwalk. We saw a few deer along the road and stopped to take a closer look. I love the beach and there is something special about being there in the winter. I can't help but think of how awesome God is and how small I am as I stand in front of the ocean.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thanks for another great Hodgepodge Joyce. I was reminded of some grammar lessons with the acrostic poem and two idioms!