Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful?
The sun rising over the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Our culture and beauty...your thoughts?
I think our culture has it wrong. There is too much emphasis on outer beauty and being the "perfect" size. I think of Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised."
3. Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Why?
Age before beauty, only because I thought of it recently when someone stepped aside so I could pass first through a hallway. It didn't apply in that situation but I have used it before for a good laugh.
alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider.
Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? What is the liklihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed?
A few of them really gross me out but as far as the scariest I'd say a rattlesnake. I don't think it is likely that I will have an encounter with one because they are not indigenous to this area. I've only seen them on TV shows and they look really scary. No encounters with any of the animals listed, thankfully.
5. Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? Was it alarming or musical?
I can't remember. My husband has a brass bell that his father used to ring when it was dinnertime and once in a while he will take it out and ring it for fun. It is mostly alarming because I am not expecting it.
6. What's your favorite carb? How's that for random?
Bagels. Old fashioned kettle boiled bagels, not rolls with holes. I do not have them often but when I do it is hard to stop eating them until they are all gone.
7. Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH.
M- much activity
A- a couple of missed snowstorms
R- rainy days
C- caring for others
H- hearing good news
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Time to put my snowmen away and decorate for Spring and Easter. I wore my first pair of Capris for the season and I can tell from the way the birds are chirping in the morning Spring is near.