Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving).
Bountiful, successful and wonderful! We had 6 people for dinner and dessert but I think I made enough food for 20 people. We all enjoyed the leftovers and I appreciated not having to cook each night. It was successful because everything was on the table at the proper time and everyone had at least one of their favorites. It was a wonderful day, spent with family, eating and feasting, playing games and rejoicing in the many blessings we have been given.
2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?
I don't know if I actually said it but I think it whenever I am cooking for a holiday. Yes I mean it.
3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?
Make time each day for your children. They are growing up fast. Remember those things that will count for eternity.
4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?
Carrots, asparagus, broccoli and yellow peppers.
5. Shop til you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?
I haven't but in the past I used to. These days I prefer to shop online and then go out to a few stores to fill in the gaps. I try to get that done in one night.
6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?
The office chair I have in the corner of my bedroom. I usually sit there in the morning as I have my quiet time. I wrap myself in a big comforter and look out my window into the woods, listening to the birds chirp and enjoying the quietness of the morning. I'd love to replace it with a more comfortable chair but for now it serves its purpose.
7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.
I have many memories of going to church with my grandparents and aunt when visiting them on vacation and also as a young girl going with my best friend and her family. My faith really became my own in my early 20s.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I plan to start my Christmas decorating this week but it still feels so much like fall. Today is forecasted with a high of 60 degrees. I'm still enjoying my fall decorations and watching the remaining leaves fall off the trees :)