Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-
Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ
Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
No, I've never been or lived near the desert. Never been to any of the places listed either. I have no desire to visit the desert. I am more of an ocean and mountains girl :)
2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year?
Just one? There are many projects that were on my list this past year that have yet to be done. Technically I wasn't the one who deserted them, but since I am not the one doing the work I have to wait on other people to do them. One on the top of my list is painting the kitchen. The can of paint is actually on the floor in the corner of the kitchen just waiting ;)
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.
I love the trick I learned in elementary school about desert/dessert. Dessert has 2 s's because you always want more dessert. (I don't think s's is grammatically correct but ses doesn't look right either. That one stomped me.) I still check how to spell kindergarten and jewelry usually throws me off.
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain.
High and dry. Let's just say I'm coming to the realization that some people don't really care if they leave you high and dry.
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?
I haven't been to the dry cleaners in about a year. The last thing I brought was my wool coat. I wasn't given the option of starch. I usually wash "dry clean only" items in my washing machine on the handwash cycle. When I used to dress up for work I would bring my skirt and pant suits, but that was many years ago.
6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place?
Buffalo wings, which are chicken wings made with hot sauce and usually served with blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks. I'm tempted to say Long Island Iced Tea for a beverage but I haven't had one in years and don't think I will ever have one again. I have dizziness and won't drink anything that may add to that ;)
7. Do you need solitude?
Yes, every so often. That is when I try to get to the beach. If I can't get there my back deck often provides solitude, especially early in the morning or in the evening. Last night my husband made a fire in my fire pit and I sat out in the dark, enjoying the cool fall evening.
8. Insert your own random thought here.