Wednesday, August 1, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
Learning how to sew better. I have a tote bag that I started for my daughter a few years ago and would like to finish it. Also a quilt that is pinned together and needs to be quilted from over ten years ago. I had someone helping me to work on those so it wasn't too hard. I took out the tote today and cut a few pieces and then put it away.
2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
Eight that I can think of. We only have one TV though. Three are for air conditioners, one is for the radio, one for the VCR/DVD, and two for the Wii.
I wish I had a remote control for the dryer. I usually forget that I have clothes in there and they get wrinkled. Then I have to go downstairs and put it on wrinkle release. If I had a remote I could do it from upstairs ;)
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
Having it all to me means following your heart and doing what you love. I am doing that now so yes it is attainable. For me it is being able to teach my children at home and share the moments of life together. I know some will disagree but I don't think having it all involves finances.
4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
The Wedding Singer, hands down. Nothing like the 80s for music!
5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
I can't think of a time I've been on a rooftop except for when we used to climb out my sister's bedroom window and lay on the roof to tan. All I could see was the street and some of the neighbor's backyards so nothing special about that. Crazy, I know!
6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
Humidity. Sticky, hard to breathe in humidity. Yuck!
7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
Big birthday for me; lots of sweet memories being made.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can anyone recommend a good book, blog or video to learn how to sew or quilt?