Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
Yes, we celebrate Easter in our home. I remember always dressing up for Easter as a child, with a pretty dress, hat, white gloves and little pocketbook. We would dye eggs and wake up Easter morning to big baskets overflowing with goodies. The day was always spent celebrating with family and lots of good food.
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I agree in the sense that we choose to have hope, but disagree in the sense that Jesus is the true hope and he will never abandon His children. Does that make sense? At first glance it looked like a simple question ;)
“This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast,…” Hebrews 6:19
“Jesus Christ is the object and ground of the believer’s hope, and so it is a stedfast hope.” Matthew Henry
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
Yay to a solid milk chocolate bunny (Russell Stover is the best), peeps and jelly beans. Nay to Cadbury Crème Eggs, and I’m neutral as far as Reese’s PB Eggs and Coconut Cream Eggs. One of my favorite eggs is Russell Stove Maple Crème Eggs. With my dietary restrictions I can only eat 70% dark chocolate, Peeps and jelly beans but this year I am requesting no candy. I already had some Peeps and jelly beans this season and I started a 30 day detox on Monday. A couple of years ago we made our own Easter chocolates. Here are some photos:
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
On Tuesday at our local party store, which is going out of business. They are going to put another brand new bank in its place. Isn’t that what everyone needs, another bank?! Anyway, everything was on sale so I stocked up on greeting cards and bought some holiday decorations for the fall and winter. I couldn’t resist the seasonal stuff which was on sale for 75% off.
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
I am sure I do a lot of things differently than most people. The thing that comes to mind is using a paper towel to turn off the faucet and open the door in public restrooms. It doesn’t bother me. Actually it would bother me if I didn’t do it. I don’t think it bothers other people but I do get some strange looks at times.
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
I’d pick Palm Beach, Florida. Actually, West Palm Beach, since that is where my aunt lives. I’ve visited several times over the years, although wish I could visit more. The last time we were there was in September, 2013.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
I think I would shorten it. Maybe then I’d get to bed earlier. I usually get my second wind at night.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here is another favorite Easter dessert we like to make. Isn't he cute?