Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Way back when (the Hodgepodge bicentennial to be precise) several of you submitted questions as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I went back to that list for inspiration today and found a question submitted by Marla, who blogs over at Marla's Musings. Thanks Marla!
She asks-At what age did you feel like a 'grown-up'? What keeps you young now?
I think I felt like a grown-up when I graduated high school. I had my driver's license, a job, and I went to college. I had many responsibilities and handled them well. Well despite what society says, we are all aging. I feel young when I play with my kids and laugh a lot.
2. When did you last buy a vehicle? Was this by design or because you had no other option? Was the car/truck purchased for your own personal use or was it bought for someone else to drive? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being delightful and 1 being 'pass the Excedrin') how would you rate the experience?
Last summer we bought a vehicle. We needed a reliable second vehicle that got good gas mileage. It was bought mainly for my husband to drive but we chose something that would be comfortable for me to drive with the kids as well. I would rate the experience a 7.
3. Corn bread, corn chips, corn pudding, corn on the cob, cornflakes, corn chowder-your favorite of the corn-y foods listed? What needs to be served alongside your selection?
I'd say corn bread. I like it alongside chili, bbq chicken or with a turkey dinner.
4. What's something in your life that regularly requires you to 'put your thinking cap on'?
Lately it has been deciding what's for dinner. It is hot and I'm busy packing and cleaning out stuff so I'm not much in the mood to cook.
5. Share a favorite movie set in a school or classroom, or whose theme relates to school days in some way.
The Breakfast Club is one of my favorites. I think everyone can relate to one of the characters in some way. Lean on Me with Morgan Freeman is another good one. It inspired me as a teacher.
6. Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic' are commonly referred to as the three R's. What are the three R's in your life right now?
Relist, reheat and reorganize. I've been trying to sell things on Craig's List and ebay and when they don't sell I relist them. I've been reheating leftovers a lot. We are getting ready to move and that involves a lot of reorganizing.
7. What's something you've learned or tried recently you can say was as 'easy as ABC'?
I can't think of anything I've learned recently that was easy, but I did go to the bank for a new debit card and that was easy as ABC. I was dreading it but everything went quickly and smoothly and the lady who helped me was very pleasant.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We still have a few more weeks of summer vacation before school starts here. Hoping to get some summer fun in before we are back to the books. I saw some beautiful fall decorations in the store last night and resisted buying them. I love fall but want to focus on enjoying the rest of the summer :)