Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. How should success be measured? Using that as your standard, who is the most successful person you know? (Or one of the most successful?)
I do not think success is measured by how much money one makes (unless of course you are talking about the success of a business). Success to me is measured by impacting other people's lives in a positive way. Using that standard, I think of my two favorite high school teachers, Mr. Silver and Mr. Zenie. I am sure they are both enjoying retirement these days.
2. Have you ever been to a hot air balloon launch/fest/party? Ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon? Is that on your bucket list? According to Frommers the ten best hot air balloon adventures in the world are-
Loire Valley (France), the Serengeti (Tanzania), Napa Valley (California), Lake Champlain (Vermont), Cappadocia (Turkey), Istria (Croatia), Gstaad (Switzerland), Yarra Valley (Australia), Muelle (Costa Rica), and Albuquerque (New Mexico).
Which one on the list would you most like to experience?
No, I have never been to a hot air balloon activity nor taken a ride in a hot air balloon. It is not on my bucket list. I have no desire to leave the ground in a balloon but if I had to I'd pick Lake Champlain in Vermont. I love the New England states and I'd pick the fall because the foliage is gorgeous!
3. May 25th is National Brown-Bag It Day. Did you/will you pack a lunch today? When did you last pack a lunch for someone and what are your go-to ingredients for a brown bag lunch?
No, I will not pack a lunch today. I packed a lunch on Sunday for my mother-in-law so she wouldn't have to go up the stairs to the kitchen. It was an insulated bag, not a brown bag, with an ice pack. My go-to ingredients are a sandwich of some sort, a fruit and a snack (baked good or chips) along with a drink. For my kids that is usually a flavored seltzer can and for my mil a thermos of hot tea (no matter what the temperature is outside).
4. What's one of your favorite dance scenes from a movie or television show?
The final scene in The Wedding Planner where Mary (Jennifer Lopez) asks Steve (Matthew McConaughey) what he wants and he answers "I want to dance...with you". I tried to find a video clip but couldn't :(
5. John F. Kennedy made famous the line, '...Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." So what can you do for your country?
I can show respect for our country and the many who have served or are serving for our freedoms.
6. Weekends are made for __________________________________.
Catching up, relaxing and getting ready for the coming week. For me that means some sort of chores, doing something enjoyable and not feeling guilty about it and going to church.
7. On this last Wednesday of the month, bid farewell to the month of May in seven words or less.
Bye May, hopefully the tree pollen too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.