Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
I can't think of much for this answer but maybe I should have asked my family. I still have a streak of stubbornness in me although I am working on that ;)
2. What's more important-history or science? Why?
History, because it we don't learn from our mistakes we will repeat them.
3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?
String beans are my favorite. I don't mind black beans on my nachos or in my enchiladas.
4. What's something people come to your town to do?
To go to the beach or go boating. There are quite a few town beaches as well as a state one here. We also have a spot to launch boats from which is usually busy.
5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
A few weeks ago I was at our church's weekly prayer meeting. I've missed it the past few weeks since we were on vacation but look forward to going again. "Praising and petitioning our God."
6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I think I would like to view the floats from an office window instead of with the crowds on the street. Since I haven't had that opportunity yet, I'll watch it on TV.
7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Be careful what you write. Once the words are out there you can't take them back.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have missed playing along with the Hodgepodge the past few weeks. We were supposed to leave for vacation the day after Labor Day but our car was still in the repair shop. I was hit by an oil truck while at a stop sign and the back window shattered in as well as the whole back hatch being crashed in. Thankfully no one was seriously injured. It did aggravate my previous neck problems so I am trying to get to the chiropractor regularly. Our car was ready on Wednesday evening so we were able to leave Thursday. We drove down to Florida and stopped along the way there and back to see family and friends. We were gone for two weeks. It was a great time of rest for me and the whole family had a wonderful time. We returned and jumped right into our fall routine. There's nothing like autumn in NY :)