Visit Joyce and join the fun!
Not that I can think of.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I don't think it is a good idea. I will not be shopping on Thanksgiving Day. I will try to give business to those businesses choosing to stay closed on Thanksgiving Day so that their employees can spend time celebrating with their families.
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
Yes, I have shopped in New York City and London. I like to buy things in NYC from the many street vendors. Pocketbooks and sunglasses are what I remember seeing most. I used to frequent the city often but haven't been there in years although we are only about one hour east of The Big Apple.
Photo credit here
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
On Monday night my husband and I went out to dinner for our 12th wedding anniversary. We found a great little restaurant in a quaint little seaside town and ate by candlelight.
5. What do you have too much of?
Stuff. Just too much stuff!
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
I've heard of The Hunger Games but to be honest have no clue what it is about.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
I am cooking for Thanksgiving Day. The plan is for my husband and I, along with our kids and my Mom, to bring dinner and dessert over to my in-laws. It is difficult for my father-in-law to get around so it is just easier to go there. They only live half a mile away so transporting all the food isn't too hard. I am making turkey (a 21 pounder), stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, corn, cornbread, cranberry sauce. I am making the dessert too- coconut custard pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, along with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. We always have after dinner mints too. Since I am trying to stick to my eating plan I will be making a grain free stuffing for myself as well as a few treats for dessert. I always like having a little bit of everything ;)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Give thanks to the LORD
for He is good
His love endures forever"