Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
A couple of years ago, even though the ocean is only about 20 minutes away. I frequently go to other beaches which are on the LI Sound since they are even closer. I felt FREE as I faced that ocean!
photo credit here
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Nails scratching a blackboard, ambulance sirens, screeching brakes.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I usually try things on in the store and then again at home where I can take my time and it is more relaxing. I do a lot of online shopping where I can return items in the store. Sometimes I order two sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit well.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
They are okay. I prefer to eat them right out of the shell.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I’d have to say a few weeks ago. It wasn’t a huge compromise and I was happy to hear someone else’s opinion.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
Yes. I received a general letter thanking me for taking the time to write and restating the official’s position on the particular issue.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know it is still February, but our town's St. Patrick's Day Parade is this weekend. I am working on making my Irish Soda Bread recipe egg free. I made an allergy friendly recipe last night but the texture wasn't quite right. I'll have to keep working on it ;)