Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. 1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
Making sure that my husband’s parents aren’t being taken advantage of and being taken care of properly in their old age can be taxing. Everyone needs an advocate, especially the elderly.
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
Olives- yuck, onions- I like red onions on my hamburgers or in my salad, oysters- yuck, okra- never had it. If I could choose my own O food I would choose Oreos- double stuff, of course!
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
Many things are different today. No more record players or pay phones are what I thought of. We always carried a dime and then later a quarter to make sure we could make a phone call if we needed a ride home. When we lost power and cell service during Sandy we drove around looking for a pay phone and couldn’t find one. I don’t think there are any left.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Um, yes. I am all for term limits.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
The last midnight ride here was to 7-11 for a Big Gulp Coca-Cola. I sent my husband to get me one because I had a migraine. The caffeine helps the headache but for some reason soda fountain soda works the best for me.
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
I don’t like either but a mouse would freak me out more. I don’t even like typing that work- yuck!
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
if I’d like a cup of tea. Maybe that is just because I am in the mood for one now and so sore from working out that I don’t want to get up ;)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Praying for all those affected by the Boston bombing. Thankful for the many there that day that assisted the injured.