Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?
Our move. I am one who likes everything done decently and in order and of course ahead of time. Well, that isn't how this move has gone. There are many jobs that need to be done and unfortunately I do not have the skill to do them so I must wait. I try to help but it seems the best I can do to help is to work on making the house our home. So I unpack, organize, move things around and work on creating a warm, cozy, inviting home.
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).
I do not think patience comes naturally. I think it takes discipline to apply patience and you can only get more patience through practice. It's funny but I am very patient with certain things and really impatient with others. I've been told I have the patience of a saint when it comes to helping children, the elderly or those with disabilities. However, put me in a line at the store that isn't moving and I feel like a monster!
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
Well I'm sure this question refers to flying as a good feeling but I think of when I had vertigo and felt like I was flying or drifting through the air and I did not like that feeling at all. The thought of flying gives my stomach a sick feeling.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
"Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra. My mother-in-law often has this one playing and it just makes me happy.
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?
Hot tea, cookies and apples. We are picnicking at the beach. I love the beach off season. When I need to clear my mind and calm down the beach is my favorite place to be. Sunday evening was one of those times. I made a hot thermos of tea, threw some snacks in a bag and grabbed a blanket. The kids played while I gazed at the clear blue fall sky and calm water while digging my toes in the sand. It doesn't matter what the weather is like, if I'm at the beach I want my feet in the sand (well maybe not if there is snow on the ground). Yes, I love the beach when it snows too :)
Electrical although live wires scare me. I would redo the breaker box and update all the outlets in our new home. I think I'll stick with changing the plate covers and leave the rest for an expert.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
A new couch and loveseat. We do plan on buying new ones but I am watching the sales and waiting for the right time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've missed the Hodgepodge while I was busy packing, moving and settling in. Joyce has a way bigger job with her move than I do. I don't know how she manages to keep the Hodgepodge going but thankful she does! So today I'm Hodgepodging from our new back deck, listening to the trees blow in the breeze and watching blue jays fly. It's a beautiful fall day :)