Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Speaking of skating...when did you last 'skate on thin ice', 'skate over the details', 'encounter a cheapskate', or just plain skate?
A couple of Fridays ago I went to the ice skating rink, although I didn't skate. I collected money for 30 + homeschoolers and their friends and family who did skate. It was a fun time for everyone and I enjoyed watching all of the skaters. I loved being on the other side of the glass since it is cold in there and I am almost always hot.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?
I don't know, maybe adjusting to the phase in life where your children are growing up and your parents are aging.
3. What's your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?
A pair of stud earrings. I lose earrings very easily so I wear cubic zirconias. I would be a nervous wreck with real diamonds on my ears, checking every minute to see if they are still there. I wear them every day and don't feel dressed properly without them. Of course if the question were what is my favorite piece of jewelry it would be my engagement ring.
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover's Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese?
Yes, I love cheese. Lasagna is my favorite dish made with cheese. The last thing I ate with cheese was chicken parmigiana from a great Italian restaurant in town.
5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?
An older woman who dresses like she is a teenager and really shouldn't. It may not be kind, but I'm being honest. I just don't get it. There are ways to still dress nice and look beautiful without trying to look like a teeny bopper.
6. Your favorite book series?
I'm going with "Little House On The Prairie". I know it is a children's book series but I think it is great.
7. Why did you choose your profession?
Well, my profession right now is wife, mother and homemaker. I chose those because of love. Before that my profession was teaching. I choose it because I had a few wonderful teachers who inspired me. In high school I didn't like school and couldn't wait to get out. But I was forever changed when my Social Studies teacher took an interest in me and got me to volunteer in the Special Education class in our school. It was one of the best things I ever did. Mr. Zenie will always hold a special place in my heart, as well as a few other exceptional teachers I had.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well it looks like winter has finally arrived. We got a light coating of snow on Sunday, but more is in the forecast for this weekend :) I hope the storm doesn't move out to sea!