Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Describe love using all five senses.
Love tastes like chocolate, feels warm and fuzzy, sounds like my children's voices, looks like serving others, smells like fresh flowers.
2. February is Canned Food Month. What's your favorite food that comes straight from a can?
I don't eat many canned foods but in the summer I like to keep Bush's baked beans on hand. I can't think of anything I eat from a can without heating or adding something too.
3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here. It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs?
While I don't appreciate looking at people wearing their pajamas at the store and such it really is not the principal's right to tell the parents how to dress. I may get the mail in my "lounge clothes" but I think they can pass as regular casual clothes. Since we homeschool I don't have to drive my kids to school but I do remember my mom driving me to high school super early in the morning with a coat over her nightgown. She just dropped me off at the door and didn't have to get out of the car though.
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck...which is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
I think I have mostly crew necks, some v-necks and a few scoop necks. I hate turtlenecks, they make me feel like I am choking. I think they look nice on other people though.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
Yes, I am guilty of them all. The one that I do the most is check my emails. Not sure what I'm looking for ;)
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best?
I only lived in two houses as a child and only remember one since we moved when I was two. I remember the chain link fence around it and the red bricks. It is now my sister and her family's home so I still get to see it often.
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story?
"Lean On Me" with Morgan Freeman. It is based on Joe Clark, the principal of an inner city school in New Jersey, and what he does to get the school's test scores up and bring order to the school.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't know if the groundhog got it right this year. We are expecting rain, not snow today with temps. in the 50s. It just doesn't feel right to have Spring weather in February!