Wednesday, October 12, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1.Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
Yes, I have been called for jury duty. I was questioned for a jury but thankfully they didn't pick me. I was so happy because I didn't want to miss any more of my new teaching job.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
I guess a 3. My husband is trained as a mechanical engineer so anything that needs to be put together around here goes to him. I am able to use a screwdriver and change batteries though :)
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable?
Butternut squash is my favorite. I love it baked and then topped with butter.
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Stop thinking of yourself and serve others. When you are busy seeing how you can meet another's needs, you don't have time to feel sorry for yourself.
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
Yes. It has a very relaxing effect on me. I need to put it on more often ;)
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
I just started reading "Instruments in The Redeemer's Hands" by Paul David Tripp. It will take me at least this month to finish.
7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
Easy question...my kids of course!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What is your favorite last minute dinner to prepare? Maybe I'll get some ideas for dinner tonight :)