Wednesday, September 19, 2012
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
The best I would have to say is not caring as much about the little things. When you are younger the things that seem so important usually really aren't that important. The worst thing is getting pesky gray hairs.
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
One thing I love about fall (there are many things I love about fall) is the crisp air and the sound of leaves crackling beneath my feet. Oops...is that two?!
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I like pumpkin as long as it is mixed with something. My favorite would have to be chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. This year I will try replacing the egg with applesauce. Here is the recipe from my friend Amy:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c pumpkin
1 c sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 c pecans (optional, I don't use them)
Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and pumpkin and set aside, Blend first 7 ingredients; fold in pumpkin mixture. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts (if using). Drop by tsp on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
Besides falling down the stairs a couple of times, which was nothing serious I would have to say falling off the back of a moped when I was a kid. I chipped my front tooth and tore open my upper lip and knee. I may have told my parents that I fell when my dog pulled me while walking him. He had a habit of doing that when he saw other dogs or squirrels. Really though he was a nice German hunting dog :)
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
The Delorean from Back to the Future.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
I don't know. I guess I should have written it down ;)
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
Only once that I remember. It was about eight years ago and I locked myself out of my car with my baby daughter in it. It was a huge deal. My pocketbook was on the front seat with my cell phone in it and I had just loaded the car with groceries. Thankfully there was a delivery man that listened to me when I called out to him and he used a Slim Jim to get my door open.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The kids are watching a Shirley Temple movie. Isn't she so cute? Too bad they don't make movies like they used to!