Take a break, join the fun! Visit Joyce to link up.
It has been too long since I have taken a stroll on the beach. The beach is only minutes from my house and one of my favorite places to be. Even in the winter I love to sit and watch the waves and enjoy God’s beautiful creation. I’ll have to make a better effort to get there. I went for a drive a couple of weeks ago going nowhere particular. Sometimes when I need quiet and to be alone I hop in the car and take a little drive.
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
Yes I hope to send Christmas cards this year. I send out about 70. I like to send a photo card of the kids. I still have to get that photo done so I can order my cards. Good thing you can order online at Costco and they have them ready the next day. I display the cards I receive by hanging them on ribbon that I fasten around the doorways in my living room.
3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
This question is difficult to answer. I guess I’d have to say “ER”. Since last Wednesday my husband has taken his father to the ER twice. He was having severe pain in his back. The first time they sent him home with Tylenol. The second time they had to give him a prescription for something stronger. Hopefully he won’t need to go back.
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
I like plain hot cocoa with marshmallows. Well really I like it with whipped cream sprayed in on the top but since I am off cow’s milk that option is out.
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
Light a candle and sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and just breathe.
6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
The ceramic snowman that my mother-in-law made and I put out at Christmas time. I can plug it in and the eyes and the wreath he is holding lights up. It is glittery all over to look like the sparkling snow.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
I have so many favorites. Here is one from “Hark The Herald Angels Sing”:
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I need to buy a grab bag gift for this weekend. What is your favorite thing to receive at a grab bag ($10-$15)? Thanks.