Link up with Joyce and join the fun!
I consider myself an organized person. I love organizing and can’t stand when things are not in their place. However, my basement is in desperate need of better organizing. We don’t have a lot of room here so many things are stored in the basement. I have bins, space bags, cabinets, etc. but the problem is there is just too much stuff. One section is our Christmas decorations and I made an extra effort to organize as we were putting things away so that is a start. I am saving children’s clothes and toys but I really should only save what I absolutely love. A few hours a week down there would be a tremendous help.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
This is easy. My first teaching job was in a private Hebrew preschool. Although it wasn’t a uniform, there was a dress code. I had to wear long skirts and long sleeve shirts. No skin showing below the elbow or knee. I still wonder why in the world they hired me, besides the fact that I knew some sign language. I understand about discrimination in the workplace, but seriously doesn’t it just make sense in certain situations to hire certain people? Like in this situation wouldn’t it have made better sense to hire teachers who followed the Orthodox Jewish religion? I think so.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
Thankfully I can’t think of many. When I was baking Christmas cookies this year I ended up adding baking soda instead of baking powder to my measured out flour. I realized it right as I was doing it so I started over. I saved the “messed up” mixture and labeled it so I could use it at a later time when a recipe called for flour and baking soda.
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
If possible, I try to limit my time with them. If I have to be around them I try to combat it with spending time with positive people afterwards.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
Hmm, doesn’t it always depend on who you ask? I think I resemble both my mother and father. People who have known me since I was a kid say my daughter looks just like me. I think it is so funny because I have brown hair and eyes and she has blonde hair and green eyes. Most people say my son looks like my husband. I say I can see both of us in each of them :)
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
No, I won’t be celebrating this year. I wish I was but our tub is on the small side so it is not comfortable. If I had a soaking tub I’d be participating with some candles ;)
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I am not familiar with many of these festivals but I think I would choose Venice Carnivale. Venice sounds so romantic and who doesn’t love Italian food?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My Christmas decorations are all packed away but we still have our tree up. It isn’t drying out and it looks so beautiful that I don’t want to take it down. The house looks so bare when the decorations come down. It always feels like something is missing. I guess I’ll have to find some more winter decorations.