Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
They give me the beyond shivers! Yuck! When I was teaching in public school I took my class to an assembly. It was a reptile man! I had to leave and have another teacher watch my class and I didn’t care if the principal knew!
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
No. I don’t believe in luck. I believe there is no such thing as chance circumstances. Every little detail is only a small piece of the big picture.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I’d choose sledding. I went a couple of weeks ago. There wasn’t much snow so we went to a local state park and found a couple of hills covered with a little snow and leaves. I am hoping for a big snowfall this weekend to go again when the ground is totally covered in snow.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I guess to me it means the big picture. It is a long story and one I probably couldn’t describe fully in words but let’s just say my family and my husband’s family crossed paths many years before we met. We only found out years later.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
I last ate a cupcake in September at my daughter’s birthday party. I ordered cake but since I can’t have eggs I made some egg free chocolate cupcakes and froze them. Then I just took one out when I wanted to enjoy dessert with everyone.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
I have a hard time saying no when there is a need. As long as it is supposed that is possible for me to do I usually can’t say no.
7. Are you a doodler?
Yes. I learn best by taking notes and doodling. I still doodle when I am on the phone or at church. I like to fill in all the bubble letters and then make random circles and shapes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just realized I didn’t get to do my hodgepodge questions and it is well into the afternoon. I need to get ready for the chiropractor so that is about as random as it is going to get today.