Visit Joyce to join the fun!
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
No, I don’t plan on doing anything special for Lent.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
I love pancakes. I like mine with just a little pure maple syrup. My new favorite recipe comes from “The Food Allergy Mama’s Baking Book” by Kelly Rudnicki. I use vanilla rice milk to make them.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
Well, of course I would have to pick one of my wedding songs (we have two). It is “Everytime I Close My Eyes” by Babyface, featuring Mariah Carey and Kenny G. on the saxophone.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
I love to cook and bake to show my love for others. I also like to pick up the phone and just say hello.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I prefer soft pink roses. I don’t often get flowers because I usually would prefer the money spent on something else that doesn’t die in a few days. That said, flowers do make me happy. I would choose the purple tulips.
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park(FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I would choose Washington’s home at Mount Vernon. Virginia is beautiful and not too long of a drive away. Plus I love homes that are white.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes, I think so. I usually can keep my mouth shut to keep a surprise. I don’t like keeping other secrets though.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, I got the snow I hoped for. We had about 30 inches here and it was beautiful.