Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
On Easter morning I plan on making resurrection rolls with the kids. First you take a marshmallow, dip it into melted butter and then cinnamon and sugar. Next place it inside the dough of a crescent roll. Then you seal all the edges and bake them. When you bite into them the inside is empty just like the tomb after Jesus arose! Then off to church to worship our risen Savior. We will finish looking and digging through our Easter baskets when we get home. For dinner we will head to my in-laws house along with my Mom for a feast of a dinner. This year the kids, my Mom and I made our own Easter chocolates. It was a lot of fun.
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
To let my hair go gray. I know some women look great with gray hair but I am just not ready for that and don't know if I ever will be ;) So for now I keep on using Henna to cover my grays and give my hair a few highlights. The grays actually end up looking like reddish highlights.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
I would have to say "keeps no record of wrongs". It is easy to say you forgive someone but much harder to not keep a record of the wrongs done to you.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Azaleas. For many years we would buy my Mom Azaleas for Easter. They would later be planted outside and we always posed for pictures in front of them. My favorite are the bright pink bushes.
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
Um, yes. I don't know if it is my go-to song because I probably would never have the nerve to do it again, but "Our Lips Are Sealed" by The Go-Gos is a lot of fun.
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
Magazines and catalogs. I love baskets. They have a way of keeping clutter under control.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Yesterday when I told my kids to go on ahead (they wanted to walk home and I had the car) and I would catch up and then I couldn't find them. They were just in front of my eyes but for those three seconds I couldn't figure out where they could be. Then when I asked them why they went so far ahead they said "because you waved at us telling us to go". Yep, foolish me! When I told my husband what happened and he laughed I realized even more how foolish I had been.