Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
I have white coat syndrome. No matter what I do my bp is usually a little high when I first get to the doctor's office. I have to tell the nurse that the doctor will take it again in a while and it will be fine. I had mine checked just yesterday.
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
You can't buy much with $1 other than food. You can get two apple pies or a sweet tea at McDonalds's for $1 ;)
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
I give lots of attention to food labels. I am in favor of labeling even if the prices increase. We actually won't buy certain items in certain stores based on what the label says. Recently we've been having a hard time finding beef that is from USA. Many labels say "from USA and Canada" or "from Mexico". I absolutely won't be anything labeled with the second one. As for GMO's, certain stores state that their products are GMO free such as Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Trader Joe's has reasonable prices and great quality and we are buying more and more from there. I feel strongly about this issue and have been following it.
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
I would have to say heart. It is always good to be more caring and to have more compassion.
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
A few months ago we were helping our friend pack up and move. He had a huge house that was beautiful but lived there alone due to life's circumstances and it was so lonely feeling. It needed a woman's touch ;) When we would pull into our driveway after a long day there I would say "There's no place like home". My husband and the kids agree :) Even though our house is very small, it is comfy and cozy and our home :)
6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
Yes, I'll take mine medium/medium well. I like all kinds- Porterhouse, Filet Mingon, Ribeye, Prime Rib, Sirloin, London Broil are a few I thought of . My favorite dipping sauce is made from mayo, ketchup and parsley. Since I'm not eating mayo I prefer ketchup. If I am out I will eat it plain if it would embarass or insult someone to use ketchup. We have some great steakhouses here.
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
Sunday morning. It seems any time the four of us have to get out the door together I am in a hurry. That's what happens when you all share one bathroom.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am still having trouble with formatting my posts. Today I typed right into blogger and it still didn't work. I'll have to keep trying to figure it out.