Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.
This is a tough question. I'll say failure because it is those times where you really are in a spot to learn. You know the way you just tried didn't work so you are open to other ways.
2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?
I called my grandparents Grandma and Grandpa. My children call all of their grandparents the same thing. For a short period they called my husband's father PopPop but that didn't last long. I think he always wanted to be called that but it just didn't stick.
3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?
I would bring some kind of pork loin with pineapple, probably in my crockpot.
4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?
The apostle Paul. It amazes me to see how God changed him mightily for His kingdom.
5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?
I agree. So much time is wasted on things that really don't matter in the long run.
6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see?
It's been a several years since I've been on a river. It was the Delaware River, actually the Delaware Water Gap. My now husband and I were canoeing. Actually we capsized and when I think about it now I laugh. Not sure if I laughed then ;) We lost our Italian hero sandwich in our cooler and I think that is what we tried to save the hardest. My husband actually has a lump on the palm of his hand from an injury he sustained trying to save the oars. I wish someone had caught the whole episode on video. We may have won on America's Funniest Home Videos!
I haven't seen many rivers so I would have to say the one I've been to the most- The Delaware River.
The Penobscot River in Maine is one I'd like to see. I love Maine, although I've only been there once (on our honeymoon). I think it would be fun to go back with the kids and rent a cabin on the lake, or river.
7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.
I would choose paddling in a canoe or a raft, isn't that what rivers are for? I prefer to swim in bodies of water such as oceans and bays.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy Wednesday :)