Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
That I am the one with an accent ;) We went on vacation after Labor Day and drove from NY to Florida. We stopped in just about every state between (I don't think we stopped in Delaware). I sure did get some funny looks when I spoke. I always look hearing other people's accents, I wonder if they like hearing mine- LOL!
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
I love squash! My favorite is spaghetti squash. I cut it open and scoop out the seeds then brush it with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake it. When it is tender I use a fork to scrape the squash out and serve it with my marinara sauce on top.
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
more I sound like my mother. Seriously, sometimes I say something and can't believe how much I sound like my mother. That isn't a bad thing, just funny.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
The "Welcome Back Kotter" theme song.
I love that show and how Mr. Kotter returned to the high school he attended to teach. I student taught in my high school and it was a great experience.
In the beginning of each episode when the theme song would play they'd show a sign that said "Welcome to Brooklyn". I don't know if that sign is still up or where exactly it is but when we were getting onto the Verrazano Bridge this is the sign we saw:
In case anyone has trouble reading that it says "Forget About It" Brooklyn style ;) I think all New Yorkers have a little bit of Brooklyn in them ;)
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
Enjoying every moment and not worrying.
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
I need a dress badly. I have two weddings to attend this month and still no dress. I ordered two online but am not crazy about them on me. I am hoping I might change my mind by the end of the week or else I need to go shopping.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Garfield. It is so funny!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is fall, isn't it? The weather forecast today is for temperatures in the 80s! I am thinking of how to squeeze in one more beach day :)