Visit Joyce and join the fun!1.What makes love last?
Committment, putting others first, communication.
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
Who doesn't like The Beatles? My favorite is "And I Love Her". Since we watched The Bee Movie last night I have to add "Here Comes The Sun" for a great upbeat song.
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
It's a fun day to celebrate but there is a too much focus on spending lots of money. I try to make a special meal or treat for my family, make a lesson or two using conversation heart candies for the kids and of course buy some chocolate candies for those I love :) I always look forward to receiving cards and chocolate from my husband and children. Since I am pretty much dairy free I can't eat traditional Valentine chocolate hearts anymore. My new favorite is Lindt 70% Cocoa bar.
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
I love both steak and burgers but I have to choose a burger. I crave burgers way more than I do a steak. I like mine cooked medium, topped with ketchup, red onion, lettuce and pickles.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying,'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?
Yes, I agree. Power can go to one's head and change them. If they truly have good character they will withstand that temptation and remain unchanged.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I throw them in my wallet, put them in the coin holder in my car or into my change jar on my dresser. When paying cash I always try to give pennies to avoid getting them in change. I don't think we should stop making the penny. What would come next? No more one dollar bills?
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
No, I don't. I think there are more important things to devote serious study to.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with those you love!