Visit Joyce and join the fun!
It's been a long while since I participated in the Hodgepodge, so I thought... the holidays are a great time to jump right back in. Plus I've heard that Joyce is having a great giveaway ;) Thanks Joyce!
1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?
My house. We are in the process of decorating for Christmas. Yesterday I took down my Thanksgiving and Fall decorations, even though it felt too soon. We bought our tree from Costco and put it up but it isn't decorated yet. We give it a couple of days for the branches to settle. I put away some things to make room for our Christmas decorations but haven't brought up all the boxes from the basement yet. I usually say we'll do a little at a time, but once those boxes come up, I can't stand the mess and get them back downstairs as quickly as possible.
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?
It means the birth of Jesus, our Savior. Peace between God and man through His Son, Jesus Christ. Goodwill to men because it is the greatest gift ever.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
Christmas cookies, of course! I love to bake many different types of cookies for Christmas. I will probably try a few new grain free recipes this year.
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
Yes, I agree. It is the most wonderful time of the year because of the answer to #2. Also, there is something special about all of the decorating, activity, and getting together with friends and family this time of the year.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
I can't remember but I often have to look up the words in my daughter's Classical Vocabulary book. Good thing they give the definitions in the beginning of each lesson ;)
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I would say the outside of our house, but to be honest I love the way it looks when it is done but don't really enjoy doing it so leave that to my husband. I like to decorate the bay window in my kitchen with crocheted snowflakes and then Christmas decorations on the shelf below it.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
I've learned that there are people who you have never met in real life, yet you still consider them friends; that there are many differences among us and at the same time many similarities.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's nice to be back at the Hodgepodge. Thanks again, Joyce.