Visit Joyce and join the fun!
I've seen lots of Advent activities online and while we do Advent calendars with the kids, I'd like to incorporate more. I like the idea of writing down all the things you'd like to do in December and then choosing one a day. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in a way that works well for me yet.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
No eggnog for me. I like it but have an intolerance to eggs. I haven't wrapped any gifts yet, although I'm working on organizing them as they come in the mail. I haven't opened any gifts yet either. I haven't even seen mistletoe this season, but I have lit a candle. I took out my Yankee Candle Red Apple Wreath candle and love the smell. I haven't started baking Christmas cookies yet or seen Santa. We've watched lots of Christmas movies and read scriptures relating to the birth of Jesus.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
Tough question. I think children get more excited about Christmas but to see their excitement as an adult is precious.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
Well, I agree in the sense that some things are worth the wait. We shouldn't always jump on the first opportunity that comes our way. Does that make sense?
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
I baked a chocolate chip cookie cake on Sunday to take to church for dessert. It was good but I think I could have cut back on the sugar and it would still taste delicious.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
I don't usually talk to strangers in elevators. I stare at the door waiting for it to open. I don't like elevators. In other places I will sometimes talk to strangers, like on line in a store. Many times it isn't that easy since it seems everyone is always on their phone.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I'd say nice although maybe not everyone would agree. Who wants to think of themselves as being on the naughty list? Not me. I try to be kind and follow The Golden Rule.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did anyone watch The Voice this week? Craig Wayne Boyd sang "The Old Rugged Cross" and it was AMAZING! Then Pharall's comments were incredible. God was praised right there on NBC.