Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?
Tulips, beautiful, colorful tulips! Spring is almost here. There is still a lot of snow on the ground, but I hear more birds chirping in the morning, the robins are out and you can feel it in the air. Spring is just around the corner.
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?
Couch, hands down. We bought a leather couch and loveseat set not too long ago, but it didn’t hold up very well. First the levers that make the seats recline broke, next the material started peeling. I bought quilted covers but they are a pain in the neck. They were sliding all over the place, so I put non-slip tape underneath. It helped a little but the covers have to be adjusted constantly. I don’t ever want to buy a leather couch again.
Yes, I owned a slinky. I used to love making it go down the stairs.
3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.
“But when I’m the center of my world, my world becomes very small—because I’m the only person in it. When I try to find fulfillment in anything besides loving Christ and serving Him, I will only end up more frustrated and completely unfulfilled.”
By Carolyn Mahaney
4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?
Is Spring-like weather going to stay for a while or is the heat and humidity going to come early?
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
How about a reformed sugar freak? I do love sugar but have really reduced the amount I consume. I don’t add it to my coffee or tea, but do use it in baking. Usually I can even cut back the amount used in recipes and it still tastes good. I’ve been on a few diets that cut out sugar and I can say that after the first week or so the cravings do go away. Now if I’d only stay on those diets ;)
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
I’d say more work that I enjoy doing. At first less work sounds good, but I’d be bored after a while. I like to be productive. Plus an idle mind is not a good thing.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
Yes, I’ve been to Texas, back in 1997 for my childhood friend’s wedding. My other friend and I traveled together to be bridesmaids. It is very hot there, especially in September. I think I’d like to see Galveston Island since I think it would be cooler on the water.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Temps today are supposed to be near 60. Time to open the windows and let some fresh air in. Isn't that one of the best things about Spring?