Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?
I’ve been working on cleaning out the basement. I have lots of clothes that need to be sorted through and decide what to do with them. Some are being donated, some sold to ThredUp, some listed on Ebay and I’m trying to condense the stuff I am holding onto.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
Well, the only place I can remember taking a taxi is in New York City. It’s been years since I’ve done that, I’d say about 15 years.
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?
Is it bad to say I haven’t learned to do anything new in the past year?
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel'schicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...?
We eat chicken pretty frequently here. If I were cooking it I’d choose a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. Since we don’t have Chick-fil-A here, I could really go for a chicken sandwich, waffle fries and a sweet tea. I did hear they were trying to open one a few towns over but there was some resistance and I’m not sure what the outcome was. Whenever we drive South I plan on stopping at Chick-fil-A.
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
Little House on the Prairie was a favorite of mine. I remember watching it at my best friend’s house, in the kitchen while her older sister cooked dinner. It was on at 5:00 and I usually didn’t go home until 6:00. Laura, Nellie, Caroline, Charles, and Mr. Edwards are some of my favorites. It’s on the Inspiration channel here and I DVR it. I love to watch it with my kids.
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?
I made a sample for our homeschool class a couple of weeks ago. It was a cross on a hill using oil pastels and watercolors.
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
Pop-up ads are really annoying to me. If I search for something online, next thing I know there are ads for it popping up all over the place. I can’t seem to totally disable it and have to be careful if I was shopping for a present and don’t want anyone to know about it. Sometimes it feels like there is nothing secret with the Internet.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm on day 24 of my 30 day detox, using whole30. Now if I can just add in exercise, but haven't done that yet! Maybe as the weather warms up I'll be more motivated ;)