Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
No, I can’t say I’ve ever had to wear a uniform. I did have to follow a very strict dress code with my first teaching job though. It was in a Hebrew preschool and in a very Orthodox Jewish neighborhood. I had to wear long skirts and long sleeves. Looking back I wonder why they ever hired me. It wasn’t a good fit since I am not Jewish and didn’t really know much about their culture.
2. April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
I recycle plastic, paper and cans.
3. Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous...your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
They all sound good right now since I’ve been grain free for the past 30 days. I’d pick brown rice. I don’t have any of them on my menu at home regularly. Mostly when we order Chinese food and then I’d choose fried rice, roast pork fried rice with duck sauce to be precise.
4. In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
Stay home moms.
5. What's a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
The ants that are trying to make a home in my kitchen are. Since we had a few warm days recently and lots of rain they have found a way in. My husband put out some type of “food” that they bring back to their colony but it is taking longer than I’d like. I don’t like using chemicals either so I try not to ask too many questions. I am trying to stay on top of things and keeping everything extra clean and hoping they go away soon, REAL soon.
6. Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
Yes because I follow somewhat of a schedule. And I always seem to be asking “what day is today?”.
7. In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what 'R word' best describes your April?
Rainy, there has been a lot of rain this month. Last night we had severe thunderstorms that woke me up. They were followed by heavy downpours.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well I completed another round of whole30! Some of the benefits are that I lost 13 lbs, I've been sleeping better, I don't get the shakes when I don't eat every couple of hours and the whites of my eyes are whiter. Now the tricky part for me is adding back certain foods without falling off track. The things I've missed the most are the little things like ketchup, vanilla coconut coffee creamer and semi-sweet chocolate chips. If anyone is interested in learning more about The Whole30 Program, there is a website: www.whole30.com.