Visit Joyce and join the fun!
Finishing up our schoolwork and enjoying the start of summer.
2. In what way have you come full circle?
Can't think of anything right now but I think something may be in the works.
3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA
I've seen Queens, NY, actually I was born there and have been there many times. I've also been to North Conway, NH and it is gorgeous. One of my favorite places and I would love to go back. I have no desire to see any of the other places listed, although I'm sure they are beautiful.
4. A song that describes your mood right now?
"Put One Foot in Front of the Other".
5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?
Strawberries right off the vine. I've never been strawberry picking but I do like fresh strawberries plain.
I think my favorite is chocolate covered strawberries but that wasn't on the list.
6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) orThe Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?
The Tortoise and the Hare. I have so many things in my head that I want to get done but if I'm not careful I will do too much and get burned out. So as long as I do something I have to remind myself that I am making progress.
7. The answer is yes...what's the question?
Do you want a nap?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of the best things about Queens, in my opinion, is Lemon Ice King. If you've ever seen "King of Queens" the opening shows Doug and Carrie getting ices there. It's been there for over 60 years and is Zagat rated. No mixing flavors in the same cup, no seats and no napkins. But so worth it! If you go during the day you might even see the men playing bocce ball in Spaghetti Park across the street. I'm going to have to see if we can get there soon and bring a cooler of course to pack and bring home :)