Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's the last thing you did that could be described as 'taxing'?
Communicating back and forth with the bank. I kept asking if they needed any other papers sent over and they would say no. Then someone else would call and ask for the same papers that I had already sent over. At one point I was told "that's what happens when you deal with multiple people" and I responded with "I didn't ask to deal with multiple people" :). Finally it seems to be completed but I will know for sure later today.
2. If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
Organic, non-gmo corn. Corn on the cob has to be one of the best summer foods. I used to eat it frequently until I found out most USA corn is made from genetically modified organisms. It isn't so easy to find organic corn on the cob but in the summer I am always looking for it.
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week...will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What's one title on your want-to-read list?
I don't have the library on my list this week, although I will renew a book for my son by phone or on the computer. We have a great library just a few minutes away and I was there a couple of weeks ago to return some books. I usually request books online and they call me when they are ready for pickup. It is very convenient and saves a lot of time. I'm not reading anything for myself at the moment but am reading Peter Pan with my son.
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to 'just in case'?
When you are riding in a car and go over the railroad tracks you are supposed to lift your feet and touch the ceiling with your hands. It was one of many silly games we played as kids riding in the car. My big sister did it so I figured I better do it too.
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What's a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
Yes, I like all three. I like pan fried onions with my hamburgers or pork chops. My favorite dish with garlic would be my tomato sauce. I don't make any dishes with ginger but like the flavor of it in ginger ale or making a cup of hot tea from fresh ginger root.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to posess in order to be viewed as mature?
I have no idea. I am looking forward to reading how others answer this one. I think in order for one to be viewed as mature they must be responsible, not overly emotional, dependable and steadfast.
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
I'm drawing a blank on this one. I can't think of anyone in particular at the moment, but someone from the field of natural health because I always want to learn more about that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I completed seven days of the whole 30 program. I got through a massive headache that lasted from Thursday night until Sunday (part of the adjustment of eating no sugar or other junk) and can feel the difference already. 23 more days and then I plan on switching to following a Paleo diet, which is a tiny bit less restrictive. Hopefully I can be at my goal by Christmas.
Have a great rest of the week :)