Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Tell us about a time you found yourself 'in the middle of nowhere'. Was this deliberate?
I once went to a friend's party which was being held at one of her friend's house. I'd never been there before and I was driving by myself at night. It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. There were no street lights and one lane going each way. I thought I might drive right off of the island into the ocean if I blinked too long. I don't think I've ever been so happy to find the Expressway.
2. What's something you're 'in the middle of' today or this week?
I'm in the middle of our homeschool week.
3. At what age do you think 'middle age' begins? What does it mean to be 'middle aged'?
I used to think it was 50 but now I think it is later. It means you have lived enough to have wisdom but not old enough to be considered elderly.
4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut...your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list?
My favorite is stuffed peppers. My mom made them a lot growing up and I don't make them nearly as often as I should. I combine ground beef and cooked brown rice. Then stuff that into a half of a bell pepper and top it with tomato soup. Yum! My favorite that is not on the list would be a ham and cheese calzone. Pizza dough baked with ricotta cheese and thinly sliced ham, haven't had one in years but am craving one now.
5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ''In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate.
Yes, I would agree. There is always opportunities to learn in difficulties. Often the opportunity is for us to respond differently than we might initially want to.
6. What's a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still?
"Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds. Yes, I love it still.
7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered.
I do not have plans on visiting any relative, aside from those who live in our house. I would visit my Aunt Carol in Florida if I could.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I kept thinking of the song "The Middle of The Road" by The Pretenders as I read this week's questions. The Hodgepodge always seems to put a song in my head :)