Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.
We are having a 20th anniversary party for our church, which should be fun.
2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year?
I am probably not as careful as I should be, but better than I used to be. When I was younger I used to lay out with baby oil on and then hold an album cover with aluminum foil over it up to my face. Crazy, I know! I tan although as I am getting older I find that the sun is stronger and if it is the beginning of the season and I don't have any sunscreen on I burn first. I don't see the dermatologist regularly. I know, I should.
3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'?
I can't think of anything besides trying to light the barbeque. The house we moved into has a direct gas line connected to the barbeque and you have to turn it on and then stick a long match into the hole on the side and wait for it to catch. The first couple of times I did it I thought I was going to blow something up. I wasn't able to get it going the first two times. The next day I really wanted to get the barbeque going so I asked my son who watches his father do it. He told me to open the lid, turn it on, wait a minute, then stick the match in and hold it until I hear a poof. It worked!
4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics?
Just one? Okay I'll go with the first one that popped into my head: "Rainy Days and Mondays" by The Carpenters. I love when Joyce gives us music questions :)
5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin?
Yes, strawberries are my favorite. I had some strawberries today and a chocolate covered one too. Blueberry pancakes appeal to me the most, followed closely by a blueberry muffin. Blueberry yogurt is one of my least favorite flavors.
6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday?
Get a good haircut. My birthday is in July and I need a new style. I don't get my hair cut often and when I do I usually get the same thing. Maybe it's time for an updated look ;)
Here are a couple of styles I pinned:
7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here.
I called two different companies yesterday and I must say that the three people I spoke to were all so pleasant and nice. Part of it may be because I was inquiring about their curriculum, but it was refreshing to hang up the phone without being annoyed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I found an article that listed different plants you can put out on your deck or patio to keep mosquitoes away. One of the plants was lemonbalm. I mentioned it to my friend and she said she has it growing wild in her backyard. Her husband dug some up and put it into pots for me. I put them on my deck Sunday and I think it works! No bites so far. I also want to get some marigolds and we are thinking of planting some lemonbalm around and underneath the deck. I also burn citronella candles and am going to buy an essential oil blend and dilute it to spray around the deck. Does anyone know of any other tips to keep the bugs away?