Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why?
I am more of an ocean girl but I think visiting Lake George in upstate NY would be nice. There are so many different parts of NY and it would be fun to explore another part of my state. Many people vacation there and love it.
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?
I haven't had one in years, but my favorite fruity drink is a pina colada.
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month?
I think the most helpful one is to clean as you go. I should work on adopting re-evaluating my commitments and saying no. They kind of go hand and hand for me. I do most of the other ones already :) It's just my personality.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
I can't remember anything particular but I'm sure I worked and spent lots of time with my friends.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?
No I do not listen to podcasts.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
I think it is just different for fathers today. They have to worry about things that weren't part of the world in years past, mostly involving technology and the acceptance of things that were considered immoral back in the day.
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?
I have my father's eyes and dark hair. He is a Marine and I think I have some of his toughness and am quick to defend my friends and family, just like he does.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thank you Joyce for another week of Hodgepodge questions. Now if I could only sip a pina colada at the lake :)