Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
Calligraphy appeals to me the most. I dabbled in it some years ago and taught myself so that I could address my sister's wedding invitations for her. A couple of years later I did my own as well. I love fancy handwriting and the neat pens to choose from. I don't think I'll be adding calligraphy to my August but may buy some new colorful pens to write and doodle with. I love new pens!
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
I agree. Happiness is a state of mind and you can be happy without "having it all". After all, there is always something else to want. Society seems to whisper to us all the time that there is something better out there that we need to be happy.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
No, I am not a thrifter. I think it is great for those that are but it is not for me.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high gear?
I'd say 1 since I really do not have any desire to travel. It may have something to do with the vertigo I've had this summer. I'd guess the only thing that would kick my wanderlust into high gear would be the desire to see family or friends that live far away.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
It's felt like a sprint because August seems to be going so fast.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
Hmm, I still need to order our homeschool curriculum.
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
I can't think of a specific time but it is usually when we get to talking and catching up with friends that time seems to fly.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I almost missed out on the Hodgepodge again. I looked on Joyce's site, thinking it was Tuesday and saw her answers and realized it was Wednesday! I stopped reading and scrolled down to the questions. Now back to laundry and cleaning I go ;)