Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What's something you might say runs in your family?
Working hard and getting a job done. If we see something that needs doing we often just do it. If we can't do it ourselves we find someone who can. When there is a need we like to see it met and will do our part.
2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)...which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own 'before the year ends' list?
visit your Dr. or dentist, deep clean your home, donate unwanted items to charity, look someone in the eye and tell them you love them, write an honest letter to yourself, clean up your inbox-desktop-photos, travel to a place you haven't been, compliment a stranger, watch the sunrise, think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year
I have a doctor's appointment for the end of December, we just donated clothes for the homeless, I often look my children in the eye and tell them I love them. I would add exercising and getting on a better eating plan.
3. What's something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about your generation?
I'm not sure but I read that Generation X has been said to be cynical. I think we are just cautious. Maybe it has something to do with us being the "Latchkey Generation"?
4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing-which would you miss the most if it weren't on the holiday dinner menu?
Mashed potatoes and gravy, for sure! I don't particularly care for sweet potato casserole although I love baked sweet potatoes. We don't have cornbread dressing, instead we have bread stuffing and that is a favorite too.
5. What are you overthinking right now?
Question #6! Lol.
6. Your favorite slang word lately?
I'm going with delish.
7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful.
G- God's gracious provisions
R-readily giving thanks
A- always aware of the many blessings
T- too many to list
E- entering His gates with thanksgiving
F- for the Lord is worthy of praise
U- unable to fully be expressed
L- love filled hearts
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thursday is our 15th wedding anniversary. I am so thankful for a marriage that has God at the center and for the vows taken on that beautiful November day. We are truly blessed.
Please excuse the grainy photos, they were scanned from actual proofs, before everything went digital.