Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
A happy thought for me is time spent with my family. This Thanksgiving also happens to be my 15th wedding anniversary and that was a very happy day :)
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and keep your mind fixed on Him.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
The beach. There is nothing like it. Sometimes I just have to get to the beach.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
"Sugar, sugar" by The Archies.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
Why not? There seems to be a day for almost everything. Last week we went to the new Chick-Fil-A that opened nearby. Last year one opened about 30 minutes away and before that we only had Chick-Fil-A when we traveled down south. So having one 10 minutes away is a real treat. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with pickles, waffle fries and a Cherry Coke. It was delicious! My version of a 'happy meal' (if I didn't have to be concerned with nutrition) would be pizza, French fries and ice cream. All of those foods make me happy, especially ice cream!
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I blog to try to keep my mind active. If it weren't for the Hodgepodge I would have closed down my blog a while ago. I do not have anything creative to write about but enjoy reading what others have to say. I've met so many nice ladies through blogging.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
-The Lord's mercies which are new every morning.
-The changing colors of the leaves that are falling from the trees.
-All of my family members and how precious they are to me.
- A roof over my head, especially as we had rain downpours all day today.
- A sovereign God who has the whole world in His hands.
- A warm comfy bed to sleep in.
- Cups of hot tea.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Time to start making my lists for Thanksgiving. Each year I try to do more things ahead of time so that there is less to do on Thanksgiving Day. Any tips to share?