Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most 'at home'?
At my sister's house. She lives in the house we grew up in. I lived there for 27 years and although she has made many changes, it still has a very familiar and comfortable feeling to me.
2. When did you last 'hit a home run' with something? Explain.
Dinner tonight. I made pork chops in the crockpot and they were moist and tender. You can find the recipe here if you are interested:
3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is 'homemade'.
We have a handcrafted metal cross that was made by a dear older gentleman that we used to go to church with. He has since gone home to be with the Lord and I am thankful for the thoughtful gift he gave us.
4. 'A man's home is his castle'...which of the world's ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-
Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateau de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael's Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow's Nest (Ukraine)
If travel weren't an issue, I'd choose Neuschwanstein Castle because I'd love to visit Germany. I have German heritage on both sides of my family and it would be interesting to see the country.
5. What's a recent or upcoming plan or project that's required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
I can't think of anything. Right now my husband has some projects to do but I try to stay out of the way ;)
6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not?
I think homework is a valuable practice but I do think many kids today have way too much homework. As a former teacher, I would send homework to reinforce what was taught in school, and tried to keep it as simple and stress free as possible. Many times it is the parents who end up stressed out over homework. I never wanted to be responsible for that.
7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
Each summer we would spend our days at the neighborhood pool. We would ride our bikes there or get dropped off and picked up. I remember fun times spent with my sister, cousin and friends. My mom would give us money to buy a treat, which was often an ice cold soda from the vending machine. Does anyone remember Tab or Pepsi Light? Back then we didn't know how bad it was for you!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All of a sudden it feels like fall. The mornings and evenings are chilly, the leaves are changing color and falling, and I am making hot tea more :)