Visit Joyce and join the fun!
1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
I called both of my grandmothers Grandma and both of my grandfathers Grandpa.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
No, I've never been to California. I do not have a desire to do so, I am more of an East Coast girl :) If I did go I'd want to see the beach towns.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
I don't know how to change a tire, use my pressure cooker, and edit videos on my phone. I'd like to learn how to do the last two. At this point I don't want to learn how to change a tire. It is a good skill to have but since I have roadside assistance and a cell phone I don't think it is absolutely necessary.
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
I'd like to see more kindness. How do you celebrate kindness? I guess I can start by recognizing and appreciating kindness when I see it and by practicing it more.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
Yes, I like almonds. I'd chose an Almond Joy, although it's been years since I've had one. I use almond flour to make chocolate chip cookies.
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
Saturday mornings are usually lazy mornings at my house. We usually stay in our lounge clothes and don't move too fast.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
I'm in the process of reading "The Discipline of Grace" by Jerry Bridges.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. My daughter made me these chocolate covered strawberries and they were so delicious!