Wednesday, August 3, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Share a favorite song lyric.
I better not see 'I can't think of one' on anybody's paper. That's an automatic F in the Wednesday Hodgepodge you know.
"Savior He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save. He is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave- Jesus conquered the grave." from Mighty To Save by Hillsong.
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
A few months ago. It was a terrible feeling. Need I say more.
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
No. True happiness is only found in Jesus Christ.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill?
Last week I made a new dessert. In a 9 X 13 pan I laid down some graham crackers. Next I put sliced banana pieces. On top of that I spread instant chocolate pudding. Then I covered it with foil and popped it in the freezer. Can you say frozen deliciousness?!
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Will you do it?
Hmm. Need some ideas for this one. Okay I used Google for some ideas :) I think I need to simplify my wardrobe. I need to go through all of my fall clothes and get rid of some. Since I tend to wear the same type of thing most of the time I don't need to buy other styles. I never wear them anyway.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
Unfortunately a 5. I know it is my responsibility to keep up...I just can't stand it sometimes. I plan on trying to do better.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
Goodbye July 2011. It has been a great month. The kids enjoyed swimming lessons and VBS and it was so wonderful to watch. Fourth of July was another fun time with friends. My birthday was also celebrated at the beach with hubby and kids. The month seemed to fly by.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week I cut eight inches off my hair and am donating it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. If anyone is interested you can see it here.