Tuesday, September 13, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
I make a big pot of chicken soup with lots of fresh garlic and parsley. If it is the kids I give them Hylands Cold C tablets and cut out all sugar.
I will not be getting the flu shot this year!
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
The bible tells us that perfect love casts out fear. There is a saying "do it afraid". So I guess I would just say pray and trust the LORD and keep going!
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
1- I am able to homeschool my two children and be with them all day.
2- I am starting to feel much better in regards to the dizziness I have had the past few years.
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
It doesn't really fit my wardrobe although I like the tunic with pants idea.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
I was a Girl Scout for a while when I was a kid. I won lots of awards for selling the most cookies since my mom always took it to work.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
Apple. I love apples. Apple pie, apple crumb, apple cobbler, apple streudel, apples with peanut butter :)
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
Patience, trust, knowledge, love, endurance and a deep care for their students.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't you just love Little House on The Prairie? That is what my kids are watching right now. Laura is cooking for Nellie who is supposed to be making cinnamon chicken for Almonzo. Instead, she is using cayenne pepper!!!