Tuesday, November 8, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using?
My Kitchen Aid mixer, hands down. I love my dough hook and using it to make pizza dough. It makes baking so much easier as well. I would love to get the real big one for when I bake Christmas cookies. That way I could triple my batches while mixing.
2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?
The only thing I could think of is emergency medical situations. I mean who would mind someone going ahead of you in the doctor's office who was in a life or death situation?!
3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?
During the day 68, at night 62. We have a couple of electric space heaters that we use in the morning if it hasn't warmed up enough yet.
4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?
All of my grandparents have passed on. I have great memories of special times spent with all of them.
5. When did you last have a family portrait taken?
Um...we have never had a family portrait taken professionally. We do have a family member snap a shot each Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter though.
6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?
It means feeling a sense of pride in your country. Sometimes that means getting a lump in your throat and teary eyed when singing The National Anthem. Other times it means fighting for what our forefathers founded our country upon.
7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?
Yes. My favorite game is 500 Rumy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Is anyone having real fall like weather yet. It has been so mild here. I actually had the windows open today (ok, we did get some snowflakes last week) :)