Wednesday, December 21, 2011
I am linking up today for Wednesday Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce.
1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
No, but I am cooking Christmas Eve dinner. My mother-in-law will be coming over since my father-in-law is in rehab at the nursing home. We are having Prime Rib, Whipped Potatoes, Mashed Carrots and Green Beans.
2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
Wedding Cakes. I have heard them also called Swedish Dreams and Russian Tea Cakes. Basically it is confectioner's sugar, butter, flour and vanilla dough rolled into one inch strips, baked and then rolled in confectioner's sugar.
3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
Oh yes! Low fat, organic milk is my choice.
4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
Ugh, not my favorite topic. I would have to say Ron Paul is my person of the year.
5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
This past summer we lost power and I needed a flashlight. My son always has one so I usually ask him ;)
6. candy canes...yum or yuck?
Yum and yuck. Yum because they taste yummy, yuck because all the ones I have found are made in Mexico.
7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
Really there are so many. I am thinking of "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"- "Glory to the newborn King; Peace on Earth and mercy mild, God and sinners reconciled".
8. Insert your own random thought here.