1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
I usually choose the white meat so that my husband and children can have the dark meat, which is their favorite. I like both though. I love to make a turkey sandwich with stuffing on rye bread with the leftovers. If there is lots leftover I like to make a turkey pot pie. I usually plan for lots of leftovers. I am making a 22 lb. turkey for 7 people at dinner.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
On my own I wouldn't choose either but if I was forced to pick one it would be climbing a mountain. At least then I could stop and pant, right? I have always loved the idea of being a runner but am not very good at it...at all!
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I would say it has improved my relationships because I have made many special friends through it.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Knowing that everything that comes into my life is part of God's perfect plan and for my good and His glory helps me to be grateful.
"For we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
Most of my shopping is done through the Internet. My husband and I usually go out shopping one night and get all the things that are left in person.
I don't think that the stores should open on Thanksgiving night. I think those employees should be given the day off to spend with their families. After all people can live without shopping that day unlike without a doctor or a police officer. I have no plans to be out shopping on Friday.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
Do shoes count? If so it would be my new $59 shoes that I bought with a coupon code for $18.99 from Lands End. They are so comfy that I ordered another pair in any color they had available which ended up being navy.
My family and friends. The freedom to worship God and to gather with my church family. The priviledge of homeschooling my children and creating a home for my husband and children.
8. Insert your own random thought here.